This is an IBM Automation portal for Cloud Management and AIOps products. To view all of your ideas submitted to IBM, create and manage groups of Ideas, or create an idea explicitly set to be either visible by all (public) or visible only to you and IBM (private), use the IBM Unified Ideas Portal (https://ideas.ibm.com).
Shape the future of IBM!
We invite you to shape the future of IBM, including product roadmaps, by submitting ideas that matter to you the most. Here's how it works:
Search existing ideas
Start by searching and reviewing ideas and requests to enhance a product or service. Take a look at ideas others have posted, and add a comment, vote, or subscribe to updateson them if they matter to you. If you can't find what you are looking for,
Post your ideas
Post an idea.
Get feedback from the IBM team and other customers to refine your idea.
Follow the idea through the IBM Ideas process.
Specific links you will want to bookmark for future use
The default rule for determining http endpoints: "Use the first url segment" is insufficient for us in many areas.
There are two ways to override this:
1. Creation of a large number of additional rules with endpoint definitions in the Instana config
2. Path annotations in the code of the applications to be monitored
Possibility 1 is practically not manageable for us with justifiable effort, because
- the rules cannot be defined globally, but only individually for each service
- with each release change, there is potentially more error-prone and more time-consuming
Need for customization outside of the application code
- Such adjustments in the Instana config (via API) cannot be made in advance either, but are only possible after Instana recognizes a new service and an ID assigned.
Do not place IBM confidential, company confidential, or personal information into any field.